Here you can find many questions and answers about Immigration to Paraguay…

Immigration to Paraguay – When is the right time?

You don’t know how long you will get out of Europe or other countries of the world. Coming to Paraguay will certainly be limited in time and successively more difficult. The time to emigrate to El Paraiso Verde has therefore come and one should not hesitate much longer. It is better to arrive one day too early than too late.

What do you need to immigrate to Paraguay?

You need a passport, an international birth certificate, an international certificate of criminal records (valid for 6 month) and if necessary an international marriage or divorce certificate. Finally, all documents must have an apostille.

Do you have an immigration support service?

Yes, we take care of everything that has to do with immigration. You only have to apply for the documents on your own and your flight to Paraguay. We organize your accommodation, food, the trips to the offices, the translation of the documents, initiate everything and accompany you through the complete migration process.

What is this Info-Trip?

The Info Trip is a service we offer to take care of everything related to your immigration. The info-trip lasts 8 days, during which all the necessary points are fulfilled, with the result of obtaining a Cedula and the permanent residence permit. Registration for the info trip must be made before arrival at El Paraiso Verde. This includes accommodation, meals, all trips to the offices, translation of documents for the Migration Office, presentation of documents to the official offices, a small blood sample, a short medical examination, data collection for Interpol, and much more. The condition to participate in this info trip is the acquisition of a refuge plot within El Paraiso Verde.

What if I don’t like El Paraiso Verde at all?

In this case, you can return the purchased escape plot within 14 days, after the start of the info trip, and you will get back your financial investment.

What is and how much is the deposit?

According to the new regulation of the Paraguayan government, this is also no longer required.

Taking cash with you to Paraguay?

You are allowed to bring a maximum of 10.000 Euro per adult person. For higher amounts, please declare at the border. A declaration has no consequences or financial losses.

Take Gold with you to Paraguay?

We advise against it, because gold is hardly traded in Paraguay. Otherwise, you are allowed to take up to 10 grams, anything above that must be declared at the border and will be subject to an import fee of 37%. So this is not really worth it.

Flight costs and info trip?

The flight costs are to be paid by you personally, also the flight booking you do yourself (e.g. via Swoodoo). Only transfer the money for the info trip (Cedula), which includes the 8 days (flight excluded). We do not recommend travel agencies.

Bank transfers to the account of El Paraiso Verde?

Before each transfer, please send us a bank statement so that we can check if your bank is accepted by the central bank here, which stands between your bank and our bank and issues authorizations. This bank statement must show: The total of your account balance and the name of the bank.

Many banks are unfortunately not accepted by the central bank here for fear of money laundering. It is also very important that you transfer exactly also from the bank from which you send this bank statement and the name is identical with the person who transfers. We need to know precisely when a transfer is coming, at least to the week. After that, the transfer must be made within 30 days at the latest. So, please talk with our advisor if your bank will be accepted for a transfer to Paraguay.

Is it possible to come oneway and apply for all documents for immigration in Paraguay?

Yes, this is possible. For this procedure, please ask your supervisor who will help you to get to El Paraiso Verde.

Photos for the Cedula?

You do not need to bring photos for the Cedula. They will be taken on the spot, during the application for the cedula at the migration office, in Asuncion.

PCR test (valid only 72 hours)?

According to the new regulation of the Paraguayan government, this is also no longer required.

Is it better to book a return flight?

You must always book the return flight from any country. Only outbound flight alone is not recognized if you want to enter Paraguay, since you are still considered a tourist before applying for the Cedula.

Is travel insurance necessary for entry?

According to the new regulation of the Paraguayan government, this is also no longer required.

Travel Health Care QR Code?

According to the new regulation of the Paraguayan government, this is also no longer required.

Summary for your Flight. You need…

  • Passport – must be valid for at least 6 months.
  • A return ticket
  • The name and telephone number of a contact person for emergency
  • The address of your target
  • Your documents (if you want to immigrate to Paraguay)

When you arrive…

  • Then you will be accommodated in a hotel room or apartment. In these please do not throw paper in the toilet, otherwise it will smell strongly after some time.
  • The Paraguayans are a peaceful and open people, but many foreign languages sounds very hard for them. Therefore, speak as softly and friendly as you can.
  • In Paraguay, most people drive a motorbike or scooter. Therefore, pay attention to their way of driving, which does not always correspond to our usual traffic rules.
  • At El Paraiso Verde, the Paraguayan employees wear colored T-shirts: purple (kitchen), black (security), green (gardening), wine red (cleaning), dark blue (logistics), gray (internal administration), white (office) and others.

Paraguay’s Quarantine?

According to the new regulation of the Paraguayan government, this is also no longer required.

What is the Cedula?

The applicant’s Cedula is sent to our Villarrica office approximately 4 weeks after the Admission Permanente (permanent residence permit) is issued. Thus, the process takes up to 6 months (it can be faster). With the Cedula you can enter and leave all Mercosur countries.

Is the Admission Permanente the Cedula?

No. The “Admission Permanente” is the lifetime permanent residence permit, which is a credit card sized photo ID that, after meeting the criteria and after a proper application process, is issued about 3 months after the personal appearance at the Immigration Office (Immigracion) and sent to our office in Villarrica.

Only with the Admission Permanente is an identity card issued, which is valid for 10 years and then renewed after 10 years upon presentation of the Admission Permanente. This identity card is called: Cedula.

The Admision Permanente is just valid for 2 years?

A permanent residence permit, which is applied for with us, does NOT need to have a 2 year time limit anymore with us! This is currently only possible through El Paraiso Verde! With us, after receiving the permanent residence permit and the Cedula is possible indefinitely!

If I have a Cedula, do I remain a citizen of my origin country?

Yes. The Cedula is just an identity card – valid for 10 years in all Mercosur countries and is renewed upon presentation of the Permanent Residence Permit. The permanent residence permit is another identity card valid for life. It is not a citizenship! Therefore, you keep your citizenship and the corresponding passport, unless you change your mind after 5 years and apply for Paraguayan citizenship. Without applying, one remains a citizen of the home country.

Stay longer in El Paraiso Verde?

You can stay as long as you like. All costs are included in the info trip of 8 days (except supermarket shopping, café visits and similar private expenses). If you stay longer than 8 days, you will have to pay these expenses by yourself, i.e. hotel room monthly without kitchen (about 320€), apartment with kitchen (about 460€), meals in the kitchen (about 4€ per meal).

What do I do with the taxes?

We recommend to deregister completely in your country and afterwards with the deregistration certificate also deregister at the tax office to avoid double taxation as long as possible. In Paraguay, only income made within Paraguay is taxed by the state (10% income tax). Foreign tax laws do not exist, i.e. whoever earns income outside Paraguay does not have to declare it in Paraguay. VAT, on the other hand, always has to be paid in the country where you have earnings anyway.

I have an online business. How do I pay VAT if I no longer live in my country?

You can offer your services for example through Digistore24 or use another “payment provider”. These will automatically deduct the VAT, take care of the paperwork and no tax advisor is needed for the VAT deduction.

Apartment rentals in El Paraiso Verde?

Yes, you can also rent a private apartment in El Paraiso Verde, if one of the settlers living here has built an apartment and offers it for rent.

Do I have to buy a plot and build a house?

Since February 2023 you do not need to buy a plot or build a house. You also can rent an apartment in the El Paraiso Verde, even for longer.